April 29, 2015

Innsbruck, Austria. April, 1972


When I was teaching at Union Catholic Boys High School in Scotch Plains, NJ, I was asked by the German teacher if I would come along as chaperone on a school trip to Germany and Austria. The trip was during Easter vacation and hit Munich (Olympics year), Salzburg, Melk and a few other hotspots. I remember in Innsbruck, I was tempted to hop on a train and head to nearby Italy for the day, but it turned out to be impractical. Still, this city was cold and clean and beautiful. Like so many of the people there. For a look at this same street at night, check yesterday's entry.

1 comment:

  1. Red cars! And white cars. Dijon mustard orange cars. Cars in bright Marimekko colors. Those '70s cars were so much more interesting than today's dull, drab, tank-like cars. But what I really want to know is: What's HER story? What's in those shopping bags?

    ReplyDelete