September 13, 2019

Athens. October, 2011


The first time I had anything called “Greek sausage” was many years ago at the Town Diner in Coolidge Square, Watertown, MA, the town in which I now live. The diner has changed hands from the original Greek owners to a neighbor of mine who’s made it into a popular and spiffed-up bit of nostalgia...with better food. I liked it then, I like it now. And they still offer “Greek sausage” as part of their breakfast menu. With the pieces of orange peel in it as I remember from my first taste. Here in Athens at the central market, I tried to identify that sausage of revered memory...but with so many varieties on offer, and a different alphabet to boot, no luck. I’d put my money on the long variety in the upper right. But I bet they’re all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment