April 7, 2019

Watertown, MA. March, 2013


If all goes as planned, I will be selling my beloved 1998 Subaru Impreza hatchback today. I bought it new and it’s served me well. Maybe because I’ve taken such good care of it for 15 years. Mainly through the skills of the world’s most honest car mechanic whose garage I’ve been patronizing for more than three decades now. The new owner, a young woman who’s a manager at a local Starbucks, found me through Craig’s List. (It goes without saying that many less desirable respondents found me through CL, too, including one who kept telling me that she was “single again!”) I’m happy that my faithful car will be going to a new home, one not that far from my own, so maybe I’ll even be seeing it on the streets for years to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment