September 13, 2013

Athens. October, 2011


The first time I had anything called “Greek sausage” was many years ago at the Town Diner in Coolidge Square, Watertown, MA, the town in which I now live. The diner has changed hands from the original Greek owners to a neighbor of mine who’s made it into a popular and spiffed-up bit of nostalgia...with better food. I liked it then, I like it now. And they still offer “Greek sausage” as part of their breakfast menu. With the pieces of orange peel in it as I remember from my first taste. Here in Athens at the central market, I tried to identify that sausage of revered memory...but with so many varieties on offer, and an different alphabet to boot, no luck. I’d put my money on the long variety in the upper right. But I bet they’re all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment