February 8, 2014

Watertown, MA. April, 2012


The older I get, the less stuff I want hanging around. Things that I’ve acquired over the years, things I had to have, now have diminished importance and some of it is just plain clutter. My friend Ernest says that the six matching napkin rings you buy as a 20-year-old for that dinner party you think you’ll have someday? You never have it, and the rings just sit in a drawer someplace until you get rid of them. Why was I thinking this way? I was preparing for our town-wide series of yard sales and I was putting up lots of past treasures for sale once again. But this? How could I part with this?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for reminding me about those napkin rings. I still have them, of course. The still haven't been used, of course. But who knows? That dinner party is still in the offing. Of course.

    ReplyDelete