December 24, 2015

Gloucester, MA. March, 2015


I like this snowy photo of the deer that visited us last winter, but I have mixed feelings about Christmas Eve. There was always a fight in my childhood home on this night, something that I fled as soon as I was able to drive. I headed to my friend Nick's family home where we always had lots of laughs, lots of good food, lots of love. If things work out as planned, I'll be spending Christmas Eve with Nick again this year, going for dinner at Brooklyn's Hazar, our favorite Turkish restaurant. My own home has a lot more love in it and fewer fights than the one in which I grew up, but I still try to spend Christmas with my oldest pal as I've been doing for some 50 years. (Our Mexican friend Marco, when he was giving us all nicknames based on religious holidays, dubbed Nick "Noche Buena." Christmas Eve. Just right.) As for the deer, I'm sure if they had found a manger they would have eaten it.

No comments:

Post a Comment