December 1, 2013

Cambridge, MA. September, 2013


I couldn’t help myself. I was at a party thrown by my friend Michael Bronski upon the publication of his (along with friend Michael Amico and Ann Pellegrini) new book, You Can Tell Just by Looking. I spotted this LP by Rusty Warren, a foul-mouthed entertainer who peaked in the 1950s. Michael, who has more LPs than anyone I know and who knows more about entertainers from the ‘50s than anyone I know, told me that Warren reportedly was a lesbian who’d been in a long-time relationship with Elaine Noble (an activist/politician that every Boston-area resident of a certain age remembers.) You learn something new every day. (Thank you, Jim Farley, for the photo.)

2 comments:

  1. Sandy, I remember you from your days volunteering at the AAC hotline. There's not room for 3 spotlight divas in this room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "One spotlight queen per shift" is what you said to me at the close of our first evening together on the phones. Funny, I was just thinking about you yesterday as I came across "your" interview with Surgeon General Koop in 'GBH Magazine. Remember that?

      Delete