March 13, 2017

Watertown, MA. February, 2017


Pretty. Atmospheric. Peaceful. These are words friends have used to describe this night photo of my street after several days of snowfall. Or, more personally, several days of snow shoveling. I'm hoping that by the time you read this, I will have already been to visit my friends Simon and David in Tucson, will have returned home to a Massachusetts poised for springtime with no more snow in its future. [Update: Spoke too soon. An estimated 12-18 inches of snow forecast for tomorrow. A week ago I was applying sunscreen in the Arizona desert. Sigh.]

1 comment:

  1. Picture it: I was in the control room with Kathy Smith during broadcast of "The Captioned ABC News" ... you were in another part of the building as "D" doing the commercial break filler reports ... as the ABC correspondent said during a blizzard weather report: "You can expect about two to four inches tonight" ... whereupon I heard your voice over my headphones saying: "That's what my friends tell my prospective dates." A cherished memory ... and a line I have used many times since.

    ReplyDelete