June 29, 2015

Watertown, MA. June, 2015


OK, I admit it. One of the reasons I love where I live is the rich diversity of ethnicities in my neighborhood. And every year, I look forward to the Grecian Festival put on by Taxiarchae/Archangels Greek Orthodox Church, a short walk from my house. Pastries galore. And Greek dinner items served up by smiling ladies, happy to be volunteering for their church community. But without a doubt, the jewel in the festival's culinary crown is the gyro sandwich that they sell. So good. I'm glad I got a chance to have one this year. And I'm so glad that there was no line when I arrived yesterday mid-afternoon. Because everyone was talking about how packed the festival had been the night before, how long the gyro line had been, people happily waiting over an hour for a sandwich. That good. Here's mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment