July 20, 2015

Watertown, MA. July, 2015


When the town's handsome tree warden showed up last Tuesday, he deemed the dying Norway maple in front of my house as "dangerous," said that a crew would come to remove it in about a month, that they would put out traffic cones and "no parking" signs the day before. They showed up two days later (surprise!) at 9am, no cones, no signs. (I'm not complaining. I've been waiting for this work to be done since I filed my first request more than a year ago.) These guys were terrific. They told me what they were going to do, they did it, they told me what will happen next. And they were extra-cautious about my cable and power lines. And now, with the help of gardening neighbors, I can start thinking about what full-sun plants might replace the shade plants I've had under this tree for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment