September 24, 2015

Watertown, MA. September, 2015


Is it true that you can tell a lot about a person based on what he has on his bulletin board? Or in this case, on the side of his refrigerator? The "NUTS" sign featured in last week's blog, a postcard of Maya Angelou, the receipt for a tagine meal in Morocco, the "eyes" by Picasso on the back of a ticket to Malaga's Picasso Museum, a menu for a Halal pizza joint that I have never patronized, an exhausted gift card to my favorite produce store, a "paid" sticker from the same store, a box of matches from a Havana hotel, some phone numbers of friends, a note from our town's handsome tree warden, appointment reminders for my dentist and my chiropractor, an expired Groupon for a nearby Turkish restaurant, some "eyeglasses" refrigerator magnets, an Elliott Erwitt photo of a man with a lampshade on his head ("Indiana, 1955") sent to me as a birthday card. So.

No comments:

Post a Comment