March 12, 2016

Istanbul. September, 2014


My friend Nick is in Istanbul right now. And if all goes as planned, our friend Cenk (pronounced "Jenk") will be taking him to a big farmers market on the outskirts of the city today. Dr. Blake took this picture of me and Cenk the last time we were in the City of the World's Desire. We're at Çiya, a favorite restaurant of all of us. This warm night, Cenk gave me two copies of his cookbook Cafe Fernando, named after his outstanding blog. Since that night, his book has gone on to win all the major prizes and, I believe, is the biggest-selling cookbook in Turkey ever. And why not? It's beautiful. And, I'm happy to report, it's been snapped up by an American publisher and will soon come out in an English-language edition. Bravo, Cenk.

No comments:

Post a Comment